Wikipedia - The Pudu Prison was a prison in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. First built in 1891 along Jalan Hang Tuah, the prison was built in stages by the British colonial government, and was completed in 1895. The construction began with its 394-metre prison wall at a cost of RM$16,000, and had been adorned with the world's longest mural at one point in its history. Circa 1911, Richard Alfred Ernest Clark, a former soldier of the third battalion of the Middlesex Regiment, was one of the European warders in the history of Pudu.
Early in its history, Pudu prison was the only prison in the State of Selangor and used to imprison men and women with short sentences. The prison was also self-sufficient as it had a vegetable garden that could produce enough food for its inmates annually. It later housed criminals including drug offenders and was a location for administering corporal punishment by rotancaning. The canings were administered in a special "caning area", so marked, not inside the building but in the grounds. It is no longer used as a prison and while it was once open as a museum, it can at present be viewed only from the outside. (A clear view is obtained from the monorail train between Imbi and Hang Tuah stations.) Until 2008, it served as a day-holding facility for prisoners attending court hearings